Concussion Management Plan
- The Occidental College Athletics Department (Oxy Athletics) is committed to the safety and welfare of all Oxy student-athletes. In conjunction with the NCAA Executive Committee, and in accordance with the NCAA Concussion Policy and Legislation, Occidental College Sports Medicine has designed and implemented a concussion management plan to help prevent, identify, evaluate, and manage concussions sustained by our student-athletes. This protocol is approved by Oxy team neurologist Dr. Vernon Williams, and it provides the appropriate guidelines that should be followed in the event that an Oxy student-athlete suffers a concussion.
Further information regarding concussion awareness:
- NCAA Concussion Fact Sheet for Athletes
- NCAA Concussion Fact Sheet for Coaches
- ImPACT Baseline Testing Instructions
- Concussion Home Care Instructions