Taylor Pool was built in 1930 and named for Mary Barbara Taylor '29 and her parents, Mr. and Mrs. J. Hartley Taylor. Surrounding the pool is the Field Memorial Building, which was also constructed in 1930 and was named for E.S. Field, early president of board of trustees. Taylor Pool is 25 meters, six lanes with both a shallow and deep end and is home to the Men’s and Women’s Swimming teams and the Men’s and Women’s Water Polo teams. Taylor Pool, is the oldest active competitive water polo site in the United States. The facility has been hosting Oxy home games since it was opened in 1930.