Photo by samsphotoservices.com
LOS ANGELES -- The Occidental men's and women's track and field teams each went 4-0 with wins over Chapman, La Verne, Cal Lutheran and Whittier at Jack Kemp Stadium and Bill Henry Track on Saturday.
Both teams will enter the SCIAC Championship in two weeks with a 6-2 dual meet record. The dual-meet season accounts for 25 percent of the overal conference finish with the remaining 75 percent determined at the two-day SCIAC Championship.
A win at the SCIAC Championship would mean a conference championship for either squad.
From the Coach: "Austin DeWtiz told the team in a team meeting that we needed to approach today like it was Day 1 of the conference championships," Oxy head coach Rob Bartlett said. "We wanted that same intesity, aggression and focus and the team did a great job of living up to that."
Allison Kilday, who's been having an impressive season, skipped the 64s all together, dropping her 400m hurdles time to 63.80 for a win in in the event. She'd been running in the 65s before Saturday.
Porter and thrower Sabrina Degnan each had multiple individual event wins.
Men's Highlights: Rio Chiba ran a lifetime best in the 200m at 22.00 for a win in the event.
Chris Rom-Toribio had a lifetime best in the long jump, going 22-08.
Austin DeWitz continues to find his form in the high jump, clearing 6-06.75.
Women's Event Winners
Sabrina Degnan, hammer 153-01
Sabrina Degnan, javelin 123-04
Melissa Braun, pole vault 12-02
Naomi Miyamoto, 100m hurdles 15.8
LaShauna Porter, 100m 12.20
LaShauna Porter, 200m 25.14
Isabelle Dunne, 400m hurdles 63.3
Men's Event Winners
Armand Harvey, javelin 150-02
Chris Rom-Toribio, long jump 22-08
Austin DeWitz, high jump 6-06.75
Charles Marks, 400m 49.38
Tyler Webb, 100m 10.93
Brody Barkan, 800m 1:55.89
Andrew McCall, 400m hurdles 57.46
Rio Chiba, 200m 22.00Follow Oxy Athletics on Twitter Sign Up for Newsletters Watch on Youtube Follow us on Instagram