LOS ANGELES — The Occidental women's swimming and diving team broke three school records and posted a NCAA "B" Cut on Day 3 of the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships on Satuday.
Both teams held their spots in the rankings with the Oxy women at third and the men at fifth.
Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 28
1. Pomona-Pitzer Colleges 791
2. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 759
3. Occidental College 345
4. University of Redlands 343
5. Chapman University 297
6. California Institute of Techno 280
7. California Lutheran University 210
8. Whittier College Swim and Dive 190
9. University of La Verne 167
Men - Team Rankings - Through Event 28
1. Pomona-Pitzer Colleges 783.5
2. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 647.5
3. University of Redlands 380
4. California Lutheran University 316.5
5. Occidental College 313
6. California Institute of Techno 298
7. Chapman University 210.5
8. University of La Verne 144
9. Whittier College Swim and Dive 93
Day 2 Recap - Friday
The Occidental men's and women's swimming and diving teams continued competition at the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships on Friday with more standout performances.
Day 1 Recap - Thursday.
The Oxy women's 200 medley relay (Emily Driscoll, Laura Chun, Claire Jang and Joan Kronick) was the highlight of the afternoon, taking third for an All-SCIAC finish and school record with a time of 1:47.79. The Oxy women's 800 freestyle relay (Cindy Dong, Laura Chun, Emily Bartylla and Emily Driscoll) finished fourth with a time of 7:48.41 for a school record and the Oxy men's 800 freestyle relay (Sam Sachs, Zeke Sebastian, Miles Koupal and Zander Granath) was fifth at 6:51.17 for the third school record.
"Anytime you start a meet off with three out the four events with school records, it's a good start," Oxy head coach Steve Webb said. "We'll be ready to go and we're looking forward to tomorrow."Follow Oxy Athletics on Twitter Sign Up for Newsletters Watch on Youtube Follow us on Instagram