LOS ANGELES — The Occidental men's and women's swimming and diving teams continued competition at the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships on Friday with more standout performances.
The competition runs Thursday through Sunday with the prelims each day scheduled for 9 a.m. and the finals session that afternoon at 5 p.m.
Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 14
- Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 417
- Pomona-Pitzer Colleges 379
- Occidental College 216
- Chapman University 184
- University of Redlands 166
- California Institute of Techno 151 California Institute of Technology
- California Lutheran University 142
- University of La Verne 113
- Whittier College Swim and Dive 98
Men - Team Rankings - Through Event 14
- Pomona-Pitzer Colleges 430.5
- Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 392.5
- University of Redlands 224
- California Lutheran University 196
- Occidental College 167
- California Institute of Techno 157
- Chapman University 123
- University of La Verne 104
- Whittier College Swim and Dive 50
The Oxy women's 200 medley relay (Emily Driscoll, Laura Chun, Claire Jang and Joan Kronick) was the highlight of the afternoon, taking third for an All-SCIAC finish and school record with a time of 1:47.79. The Oxy women's 800 freestyle relay (Cindy Dong, Laura Chun, Emily Bartylla and Emily Driscoll) finished fourth with a time of 7:48.41 for a school record and the Oxy men's 800 freestyle relay (Sam Sachs, Zeke Sebastian, Miles Koupal and Zander Granath) was fifth at 6:51.17 for the third school record.
"Anytime you start a meet off with three out the four events with school records, it's a good start," Oxy head coach Steve Webb said. "We'll be ready to go and we're looking forward to tomorrow."Follow Oxy Athletics on Twitter Sign Up for Newsletters Watch on Youtube Follow us on Instagram