LOS ANGELES — The Occidental men's and women's track and field teams each went 3-1 at SCIAC Multi-Dual No. 3 at Bill Henry Track on Saturday.
Men's Team Scores: W - CLU 112.5-49.5, W - CU 130-30, W - PP 99-64, L - CMS 95-68
Women's Team Scores: W - CLU 120-42, W - CU 139-17, W - PP 116-46, L - CMS 98-65
Both teams will be 6-2 and in third place behind Claremont-Mudd-Scripps and Redlands headed into the SCIAC Championships on April 27-28. The multi-dual season accounts for 25 percent of the overall SCIAC Standing with the remaining 75 percent determined at the conference championship.
Oxy thrower Sabrina Degnan dominated for the women, winning the javelin, hammer and shot put, while finishing second in the discus. She was the highest scoring athlete on the men's or women's side on Saturday.
On the men's side, Austin DeWitz led the way with wins in the 110m hurdles, high jump and triple jump. His time of 15.59 is currently the best in the SCIAC this season.
Oxy junior sprinter Tyler Webb ran his second fastest time of the season, going 10.72 for the second best time in the SCIAC. He owns the fastest time of 10.70 that he ran at the Rossi Relays earlier this season. He also won the 200m at 22.06
Zach Greenleaf won the pole vault with a clearance of 14-09, Eric Looby won the long jump with a seasonal best of 22-01, and Brody Barkan finished second in the 1,500m with a time of 3:56.23, rounding out some of the top men's performances.Follow Oxy Athletics on Twitter Sign Up for Newsletters Watch on Youtube Follow us on Instagram